Still praising God that we didnt go through with that liver biopsy…

Jane is continuing to make headway. Her RA (right atrium) line was removed successfully. She didnt have any bleeding and they will double check that with an echocardiogram while they take a look at the condition of her heart. They also removed a line that was draining fluid from her abdomen. The doctors are working to get Jane off of TPN (the pre-digested, pharmacy made nutrition) and completely on breast milk today. Tomorrow they will begin to transition her off one of her cardiac medications that is given by IV and start her on a medication that is given by mouth (something she could potentially go home on or transfer back to CHOC on). The doctor said that if those 2 moves go smoothly then they will begin to wean her off her ventilator with the possibility of extubating (removing the breathing tube) her by this weekend. All of that sounds fabulous….however, our dear little Jane doesnt seem to cooperate like we want her to so I always expect their talk of “a few days” to be more like “several days”. BUT- I have not given up on her and am NOT about to. For all I know she will throw us another curve ball and surprise us all!! 🙂

HIGHLIGHTS: We do get to hold her today as soon as they know she is stable from the line removal. I’ve decided to let Daniel hold her first since I held her already, but I am so tempted to pull the “mom” card and snatch her up before him. I wont, I wont–that would be so unfair. I will just sit there waiting impatiently and anxiously for my turn!! 🙂

February 16th Updates

The results from Jane’s echocardiogram came back looking good. Her heart function continues to improve and her mitral valve regurgitation has decreased a bit more. The team went ahead and tried an experimental dose of the cardiac medication to be given by mouth and we had a little episode where her blood pressure and oxygen saturation plummeted. That was good and bad. They know that it is effective and they also know that they can shut off the IV cardiac med. but because of her little episode we didn’t get to hold her. We will re-evaluate a little later…

Her liver numbers continue to hold their high number but over the past 3 days they have not increased. She will continue to be monitored closely.

More visitors today and lots of good food sent our way. THANK YOU!!!